Help us, help you
By giving us the most accurate information possible about your health, we can provide you with the most appropriate care. Tell us all about your current problems, previous illnesses, medication, allergies and other health matters. Ask our staff if you need any treatment, tests or medication explained and let them know if you are planning to leave the hospital for any reason. By being courteous and considerate of other patients and our staff when you are at the hospital we will be able to focus on how best to help you.
Learn more about My Health Record.
Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights
The Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights applies to all healthcare settings in Australia. It explains the rights of all patients, carers, families, and service providers while accessing healthcare.
As a patient of the Eye and Ear you have a right to:
- Access to quality care
- Safety and a high standard of care
- Respect for yourself, your culture and your identity
- Partnership with your providers and the ability to ask questions
- Information about your condition or treatment that is clear
- Privacy and confidentiality
- A chance to give feedback
For the best care, it is your responsibility to:
- Provide as much detail as possible about your condition, medical history and allergies
- Tell us if you have concerns or questions about your care
- Inform staff when you intend leaving the hospital
- Show respect to staff and other patients
- Assist security by not bringing valuables and large sums of money in
- Help keep the hospital environment safe and clean
The Australian Charter of Health Care Rights in Victoria is available in different languages, audio, and free printed vouchers in Braille. You can also access an Auslan translation.
Your feedback lets us know what works well and helps us identify areas for improvement. You can leave a compliment, suggestion, or complaint about us via our feedback form. We also have a Consumer Liaison Officer who acts as your advocate and is able to help you resolve concerns you may have.