The hospital offers a supportive education and training environment at the forefront of teaching and research.
In conjunction with Melbourne’s leading universities, we provide education and professional support for-:
- Undergraduate Nursing students (Registered and Enrolled Nursing).
- Undergraduate Medical, Orthoptic, Optometry and Pharmacy students.
- Newly Registered Nurses in the Graduate Nurse Program.
- Post Graduate Nursing Students in the clinical specialties of Ophthalmology, Perioperative and Emergency Nursing.
- Post Graduate Optometry Students.
- Post Graduate Ophthalmology, Ear, Nose and Throat and Anaesthetic medical students.
- Emergency Medicine students (limited places available).
Our education partners include:
- University of Melbourne Departments of Ophthalmologyand Otolaryngology
- Centre for Eye Research Australia (CERA)
- Bionics Institute
- The Hearing CRC
- La Trobe University
- Australian College of Optometry
- General Practice Victoria
- Cochlear Australia
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists(RANZCO)
- Australian Catholic University
- Victoria University
- Deakin University
- Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia