Cochlear implant clinic
The cochlear implant clinic, has pioneered and led the world in cochlear implant research and clinical practice since 1985.
Our multi-disciplinary team provide support for people who want to improve their hearing and communication with an implantable technology.
The key services provided by the cochlear implant clinic include:
- cochlear implant and bone conduction implant candidacy evaluation
- surgical services
- post-operative management and care.
A cochlear implant may be an option for improving hearing and communication if a person who uses hearing aids reports:
- reduced clarity when listening to people speak
- relying on lip-reading or visual cues
- difficulty communicating on the phone
- difficulty participating in social occasions.
A bone conduction implant may improve hearing and communication if a person has:
- a conductive hearing loss in at least one ear
- ongoing ear infections that prevent them from wearing a conventional hearing aid
- single sided deafness – a profound hearing loss in one ear and (near) normal hearing in the other ear.