Quick and easy access to evidence-based e-journal content- Supporting effective and safe patient care, based on up to date evidence
The library is excited to offer our Eye & Ear clinicians/researchers, access to our scholarly journals through BrowZine , an app and a service that allows you to browse, read and follow the latest issues of evidence-based scholarly journals in a beautiful visual display of journal covers.
With BrowZine you can:
- Browse and read journals: Browse journals by subject, easily review tables of contents, and download full articles.
- Stay Current with My Bookshelf: Create a personal bookshelf of titles to follow and receive new article notifications Access on any device:
- Easily access BrowZine from your iOS and Android device and on the web to stay up to date wherever you are.
- Save and export articles: Use the BrowZine app to save articles for off-line reading or export to services such as DropBox, Mendeley, RefWorks
Ensure that you have registered for your OpenAthens account ( only available to Eye & Ear employees). Register here.
- Download the BrowZine app from your Apple App store, Google Play Store or Amazon App Store, on your device. Its free.
- Choose the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital.
- Login using your OpenAthens credentials. This will enable you to have full access to our Library’s licensed e-journ
- You can also setup your personal BrowZine account which will enable you to:
- Create your bookshelves of your favourite journals.
- Save full text articles to your personal Library
- Receive alerts of new journal issues
- Save your article citations to bibliographic software such as EndNote, Mendeley, etc. Our Library does not have institutional subscription to Endnote, but have them available on the Library PCs.
- You can share article CITATIONS on Facebook, Twitter…
SEARCHING FOR YOUR FAVOURITE EYE & ENT JOURNALS:
From the Subject List, select MEDICAL SPECIALITIES to view our Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology journals. You can also search by subject..e.g. Type in “Quality” and it will bring up journal titles with that word in it. e.g. “ Quality and Safety in Health Care”, OR Nursing, etc.
BrowZine on your Computer:
Onsite access on the Eye and Ear network does not require authentication. Click here
NOTE: BrowZine is not setup for in-depth searching. Please go to our Library website homepage and use the Discovery Search to conduct searches or other databases such as PubMed, UpToDate, ClinicalKey. View more evidence-based databases here..
BrowZine Tutorial ( General. Customised videos will be created by the Library at a later stage)